Thursday, October 8, 2009

CMOD6001 DCOM/DNET Week 04 - Class 1

I was a bit annoyed because students had not completed the group tasks I set for them last week. If the approach of students does not change I will micro-manage the development of the group projects and set many mini deadlines. This will make it more difficult students to pass.

I asked groups to meet and provide me with the following
1. Group name
2. List of group members
3. Game Scenario
4. Rules for the group
5. Group blog URL


Team Actimel's scenario is a medievel themed zoo. Girls plus one is undecided. Alpha Beta is still brainstorming. Team Untitles is using a theatre. Team CSI doesn't have a scenario.



Some rule's teams decided on
1 meeting per week.
If you miss three consecutive mneetings there will be punishment. Failure to do the punishment will result in expulsion from the team and asses tothe team blog cut off.
Evicted member can rejoin group if they come up with a team song.
Every member must do fair share of work.
Missing 4 meetings results in eviction.
Meeting quorum is 2. Quorum is 3.
Minutes must be recorded.
Tasks that go 2 meetings beyond due date are reassigned.


I helped students set up group blogs.

Each group should e-mail me the URL for the group blog.

No comments: